quarta-feira, 11 de novembro de 2015

Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream SPF 18

Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream SPF 18

by Kathy Roberts

I just finished my trial period of Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream SPF 18 ($36) and I have been very pleased with the product though it fell short of covering flaws.

I am a 51-year-old caucasian woman with light to medium skin tone. I have some light crinkling in the usual places like the corner of eyes, between brows and forehead. My skin is fairly normal, neither too dry nor too oily. I do have some sun damage spots. I am a big believer in sun protection for my face always, even if I neglect applying elsewhere. 

Let’s start with my expectations. I pretty much believe a product should live up to its own claims as advertised. According to Dr. Dennis Gross skincare, the CC Cream is “a daily anti-aging  treatment  that seamlessly corrects while masking flaws, providing color correction, and offering hydration and SPF protection.”

The application is flawless. Simply wash your face and apply or use your favorite serums first.  I tried all types of serums, oils, lotions, creams and none affected the application of the CC cream. I applied the cream with my fingertips, with no particular pattern. I basically put a small dollop on my fingertip and used multiple fingertips to rub around for coverage.  Coverage is very thin, it is does not mask flaws because it is very light-weight and verging on gel consistency. Dr. Dennis Gross recommends a second layer if you want a little more coverage. Even though I often tried two or even three layers, it never completely covers dark areas of skin. I used the light-medium shade and it blended with my skin tone perfectly and smoothly. I felt the product stays damp long enough to easily finish smoothing on your face, but does not transfer off to fingers or clothes later in the day.  It leaves a dewy moist look to the face, which I generally do not like. So I often dusted with a bit of translucent powder to finish my look.

I really admire that the Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream did not gather in crinkled areas of my skin. Also there was no line showing where application ended and amazing to me, even under my 10x magnifier mirror, no finger painting swirls or pigment concentration. The product looks good close up. One thing I do not want is to draw attention to fine lines and wrinkles. I was really impressed that this product performed so well in this area. I was also pleased enough with the sun protection factor to confidently leave my favorite sunscreen at home.

A problem I have with foundation is it makes me break out. If I wear a foundation, or other brands of CC cream for longer than a day or two over a week, I can count on some pimples on my nose, chin and forehead.  I am not having that problem with the Dr. Dennis Gross CC Cream. This non-breakout factor is really important for a daily protection product.

I really like the squeeze tube applicator with a fine tapered tip. I have tried numerous CC creams and this dispensing is easy, clean and best of all predictable. You know how much is coming out of the tube and have a good feel for how full the tube is at all times. 

Active ingredients include avobenzone 2% and octinoxate 7.5% as the sunscreen protectants. Allantoin is a notable inactive ingredient highly regarded for its skin soothing, healing and keratolytic (ability to remove excess skin) properties. It also softens the skin and enables it to absorb more moisture. Butylparaben is another inactive ingredient that caught my eye and as part of the paraben family, is a preservative and many studies have found a link between parabens and breast cancer. 

The bottom line is I would purchase this product again. As long as you are not looking for a flawless complexion and are willing to allow your natural beauty to shine through this is a wonderful product. My face stayed protected from environment and sun. My skin felt moisturized and the color did not transfer. The coverage, though thin, was smooth and undetectable.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1OEWLJK via other
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1OEYWgp

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário