quinta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2015

Dawn Lorraine Acai Firming Facial Mist

Dawn Lorraine Acai Firming Facial Mist

by Cheri Stewart

What a nice gift! On my 59th birthday I was asked if I would like to try Dawn Lorraine’s Acai Firming Facial Mist ($37). You bet! Anything that can make this slide into 60 easier is worth a try.

I had not heard of this company, so before I received the product I did a little research. Wow! Dawn’s products are organic, paraben and phthalate free and naturally scented. She uses wind energy for manufacturing and hires the disabled. She supports environmental and animal protection and is, of course, cruelty free. Can a company be any more socially responsible? Dawn is also an esthetician. Online you will find glowing reviews not only for her products, but also for her facials. If I’m ever in Nevada City I’ll be sure to stop in!

So what is this product supposed to do? According to the company, it’s meant to firm, tone and smooth skin and reduce age and sun spots. It was developed for aging, sun damaged, dry or under nourished skin. (Umm, that would be me.) They instruct users to apply it after cleansing to balance the skin’s pH.

The ingredients, for the most part, look good. There’s aloe, sugar cane and maple sugar extract, acai berry extract, cranberry extract, rose distillate, an organic fruit acid blend and vegetable glycerin. The one controversial ingredient is DMAE. This is a naturally occurring substance found in fish. It is also found in many higher end skincare products. At least one study demonstrates firming effects on the skin. However, another study claims that it is actually damaging. Marta wrote a good article that discusses it in more detail. I have used products containing DMAE in the past and felt it had a good effect on my skin.

So after a few weeks of use what did I think? I absolutely LOVE it. It is the only product I can honestly say I look forward to using, spraying my face, neck and décolleté each morning and night. It is extremely soothing. I even use it after light dermabrasion and microneedling. It smells heavenly and I love the delivery system. I always felt like I was wasting half of my toner using cotton balls. I wish I could use this as a body spray!

I take good care of my skin, so I can’t claim to see truly dramatic results, but I do feel like my skin is softer and smoother. I will definitely be ordering this again. This mist and Dawn’s reputation have really made me want to try more of her products!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1MsqFgt via anti-aging news
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1R3akk6

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário