sexta-feira, 25 de setembro de 2015

Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil

Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil

Since I am 56 years old with combination skin that can easily become inflamed by irritating chemicals I am very particular about which products I use. When Truth In Aging asked me to review Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil ($62 in the shop), I accepted with some trepidation since I normally use skin oils in the winter only. Honestly, I love skin oils, I just never thought I would use one in the warmer months.

As I perused the ingredient list I saw lots of heavy hitters: 3 formulations of vitamin C, ascorbyl glucoside, ascorbyl palmitate, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, as well as retinol and peptides. The peptides are said to signal the skin to produce more collagen. I was beginning to get pretty excited about receiving this little bottle of oil with so many amazing ingredients. The remainder of the ingredients need not go unmentioned as all can be beneficial to your skin’s health, including essential fatty acids and around 17 botanicals.

This product contains 3 formulations of vitamin C, retinol and some glycolic acids, which are all powerful anti-aging ingredients. There is a great deal of conflicting information about combining these ingredients, so again I deferred to Marta’s extensive knowledge. Marta told me via email, “together there is a possibility that they could be harsh/drying as they are all exfoliants and can dry the skin. But it is going to depend on the formula. The actives may be time-released, there may be a gentle form of vitamin C, the formula may have other ingredients that would counteract any downsides.” I had absolutely no irritation or other side effects from Dr. Dennis Gross’ formulation.

On the downside, if you don’t like silicones, they are the second and third ingredients. Now, I have used some products with silicones in them that pilled. I had absolutely no pilling with Dr. Gross’ firming oil. As I was ambivalent on the issue of silicones, I looked to Marta’s sage advice and she told me, again via email: “Silicones in skincare are most used to give a superficial feel good factor, they aren’t imparting any real good, but not a lot of harm either.”

When the Triple C Peptide Firming Oil arrived, it was packaged well in a dark brown glass bottle to help protect the ingredients against degradation from light, with a well-functioning glass dropper.

After some trial and error of using entirely too much product, I remembered I had read to apply oils to a damp face and massage in gently. Consequently, after cleansing my face, I lightly patted away excess water and immediately rubbed 3-4 drops of oil to my palms, and then applied to my face and neck, lightly massaging my skin. That was the ticket. Depending on the hydration of your skin, you may need a little more or a little less, but using the damp face method the oil spreads very nicely. After approximately 15 minutes, my face looked very moisturized without any shine. This is hands down the lightest skin oil I have tried, and I’ve always been big fan of YBF Private Reserve Antioxidant Oil in the winter.

During the first two weeks of using Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil, I felt a bit let down. At that point, I wasn’t seeing much improvement yet from applying it twice daily. After approximately one month’s use, I began to see fine lines on my forehead and lips diminishing, and my skin was becoming so even-toned I couldn’t believe it. Some small broken capillaries look barely noticeable now and brown spots are indeed faded. Finally, I could feel comfortable going to the grocery with little more than under eye concealer.

As a bonus, this amazing oil actually managed to reduce the size of my pores after a month of use, and with a few more weeks of continued use they are no longer a concern. Nothing has ever reduced my pore size satisfactorily. With the almost exclusive use of this oil, my skin does look and feel firmer even at 56. My neck didn’t respond quite as well as my face, but I believe it looks a bit firmer. I think I’m in love!

Consequently, I think we have a winner! I guess it boils down to if you are willing to try a facial oil. In my opinion, this should be very beneficial for those of us with aging skin, dry skin, those who live in a dry or cold, harsh climate, or those who work or live around environmentally unfriendly air quality. The botanicals alone contain powerful antioxidant protection.

To sum this up, I give Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil a 5 star rating. After using this for at least six weeks, I still have at least 1/3 ounce left, even after using it on my sun-ravaged chest at least once daily as well. It worked very well for me, and the price of $62 is well within my budget. Had I not been so heavy handed in the beginning, I would probably have half the bottle left. I would estimate it to last at least three months for most people. I will certainly be able to reduce the number of creams and serums in my cabinet and spend my hard-earned money on this heavy hitting Triple C Peptide Firming Oil. 



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1VfFvsU via Source
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1gVcQf4

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário