quarta-feira, 22 de junho de 2016

Beauty and the Bees Real Beer Tasmanian Shampoo and Conditioner Bars

Beauty and the Bees Real Beer Tasmanian Shampoo and Conditioner Bars

by Carol H.

I am 60 years old and have had scalp problems on and off my entire adult life. My hair is shoulder length and fine. My scalp is oily, itchy, flaky, and easily irritated by any hair product with perfumes or sulfates. I often get tender spots and bumps that feel like sores. I think I have tried every fragrance-free shampoo and sulfate-free shampoo on the market and have settled for one that least bothers my scalp. So I was excited to be selected to test and review the Tasmanian Real Beer Shampoo Bar ($12.95) and Tasmanian Real Beer Conditioner Bar ($19.95)!

I did my own research on these products when I was asked to test them and decided to say yes. The reviews looked promising and so did the ingredients. The shampoo bar has some great ingredients: Tasmanian Beer, Mount Wellington spring water, coconut, olive and castor oils, Tasmanian Hops, leatherwood beeswax and honey, essential oils.  The company claims the shampoo is 100% chemical free, they use only the best cold pressed organic Australian vegetable nut oils and butters and waxes which closely resemble our own natural oils, use pure essential oils, totally free of harsh synthetic detergents that irritate our skin and pollute our waterways, and no animal testing. It is safe for daily use on all hair types including chemically treated hair, silicone free. Great for travel. I felt very good about using this product!

Using a bar soap on my hair and scalp is very different maybe even awkward because my hair is longer, I think it would be easier with short hair.  The shampoo bar lathered great, with a wonderful spicy gingery scent. I normally prefer no scent but this was really nice. A bit ran into my eyes and it stings like crazy. You really don’t want to get any lather in your eyes!  My hair felt very clean after one lather, a squeaky clean that I was not used to feeling with a liquid shampoo, I would have to say my wet hair texture felt more like I had used soap. 
 
I then used the conditioner bar also containing some great ingredients: rapeseed, coconut, grapeseed, macadamia, rice bran oils, mango butter, beeswax, honey, beer, panthenol B5. This did make my hair feel softer.  Great scent like the shampoo, long lasting solid bar so easy for travel.  You rub a bit on your hands and apply to your hair where it needs it.
 
The instructions recommended an apple cider vinegar rinse the first few times to rid your hair of product buildup, one tbsp to a liter of water and pour it over your head as a final rinse. so I followed the instructions and my hair felt smooth and wonderful after this. I did this 3 days in a row and my scalp was totally free of itching and flaking, felt amazing! I even found that instead of daily washing I could go 2 days between washing. 
 
Unfortunately when I stopped the apple vinegar rinse, my long hair felt very dry after shampooing and conditioning, so I started using a bit of extra conditioner. When my hair dried, it felt waxy and stiff. I went to their website to see if I could shed some light on this problem and read in their instructions to use only on the ends if you have fine hair. I did this but then my hair was too dry and tangled. I also read that natural shampoo can be difficult to rinse out with hard water and the fix for this is to ensure you use the apple cider vinegar as a final rinse each time. I can only guess that the dryness I feel is due to my hard water and the fact that shampoo soap does not rinse well out of my long hair, leaving what feels like a film or soap scum.   would compare the way my hair feels after shampooing to how your skin feels after washing with soap versus washing with a gentle facial liquid soap, squeaky clean and stripped, dry. I see on the website they offer a apple cider vinegar rinse for sale and recommend it be used if you have hard water. I would like to try the shampoo with softer water but this has not been possible during my trial.
 
I love the shampoo ingredients and caring for the environment, the scent, and my itch free dandruff free scalp!  I think my hair feels much softer and the body of my hair in better condition using my current shampoo, but my scalp is healthier with the shampoo bar. The shampoo bar leaves my hair too dry feeling, even tangled, and the conditioner bar can leave it waxy and stiff unless I use it on the ends only. What works great for me is the shampoo bar, conditioning bar ends only, and ACV rinse. 
 
My husband also spent the month using this bar daily. He does not have any scalp issues and his hair is short and fine. He found it worked very well, great smell, he did not notice any difference in the feel of his hair after use (versus the dryness I experience but he often uses bar soap on his hair!) and he used it also as a body bar. The convenience on a shampoo and bath bar in the shower was important to him, we travel a lot and this is so great for travel. He also used the conditioning bar and did not notice a any waxy feeling.
 
I have plans to travel to Europe this week and will be gone 3 weeks.This is a really long lasting bar of shampoo. The shape the bar is quite oblong and the middle become concave with use, I would like to see the bar same weight but shorter and thicker. This bar will easily continue to last another month or two with both my husband and I using it.
 
I will be using it with reverse osmosis water (cruise ship water) and will send an update on the results!
 


from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/28P6Kzd via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/28O7AHR

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário