quinta-feira, 23 de junho de 2016

Interview with Pure Glam Founder Tara Verkuil

Interview with Pure Glam Founder Tara Verkuil

Pure Glam offers an all-natural, organic line of quality hair care that we’re proud to carry in the Truth in Aging shop. Their dedication to chemical-free solutions to clean, managable hair is something we can definitely get behind. We got to know the brand and the founder, Tara Verkuil, in this interview.

Pure Glam is formulated with organic ingredients — no toxic chemicals. What was your “wake up call” — when you realized you didn’t want to use any harmful ingredients on your skin?

My wake up call was when my daughter was about to be born and I was stocking the nursery for her arrival. Being a first time mom, I had a vague idea of the products that I needed. And then I looked up the ingredients and was horrified. It was extremely important to me to protect my daughter and that desire quickly translated to taking more care with the products that i used myself.

What’s your response to claims that natural ingredients in skin and hair care aren’t as effective as synthetic ones?

I think for a long time that this was a true statement. One had to sacrifice effectiveness/beauty for safety. Now the organic beauty world has more than caught up and in many ways offers superior options to synthetic cosmetics.

What’s your favorite botanical ingredient?

That’s a very hard question! I have so many. My current favorite is artichoke leaf oil that we use in Pure Glam’s Luxury Wash. Silicone is a nasty ingredient that has been difficult to replace in terms of all that it does. Pure Glam substitutes artichoke leaf oil for silicone, offering more shine and hair that stays cleaner longer.

What does your skin care regimen look like?

I spend alot of my day outdoors in the sun and wind and have very dry skin, so all the products that I use are about hydration. A creamy cleanser, serum and moisturizer. My favorite go to is Pure Glam Soothe & Repair Oil. It’s great for all skin types. It repairs any damage from age or sun and leaves a great glow.

Pure Glam’s hair care line has really expanded to include some great styling products. What was your motivation behind wanting to offer more hair products?

Pure Glam Performance Hair Line is an all natural alternative to synthetic, high performance salon quality lines. The products perform to the same standards and better without the toxins. We felt that it was important to create a full line, including styling aids, deep conditioning masks and serums, so that our customer did not have to fill in with other brands to complete their hair regime.

What’s next for Pure Glam? What are you excited about?

We are super excited about spreading the word that having a great hair day does not need to include synthetic ingredients. Beauty and purity do go hand in hand. Our mission is to help people eliminate dangerous chemical from their beauty system without sacrificing performance.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/28Tkdp4 via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/290g5kM

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário