quarta-feira, 28 de outubro de 2015

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel

I was fortunate enough to meet Dr. Dennis Gross in person and have one of his famous in-office peels. It’s a quick, totally painless, little procedure with maximum results. I was completely impressed with how my skin looked  — instantly glowy and dewy and taut. The results continued for a few days after, and I could see why people get hooked. Needless to say, I was very excited to test out the Dr. Dennis Gross Original Alpha Beta Peel ($88 in the shop) pads, in hopes of keeping the glow a’glowing.

These little two-step pre-soaked pads are meant to be used daily, but I was advised to start slowly and use them every third day. And although I had zero irritation, I decided to continue using them at this rate for two reason. The first reason is that I personally don’t think we need to exfoliate every single day. That just my own personal belief, not really based in any serious research. And the second reason was simple, they would last longer!

These daily peel pads are meant to help with basically everything you want help with, according to Dr. Dennis Gross: “uneven skin tone and texture, fine lines and wrinkles, and enlarged pores.”

So here’s how it works: Each treatment package comes with two little pads. Step one has the exfoliating acids. There are five main acids in each pad: lactic, malic, citric, salicylic, and alpha hydroxy acid. There are some other notable ingredients in there too, like witch hazel and some flower extracts. You swipe the pad over a clean face in circular motions and then let it settle for about two minutes. Step two then neutralizes the alpha hydroxy acid activity and delivers anti-aging actives to nourishing the skin and balance it out. I found the process to be super simple and kind of fun.

The pads definitely have a fragrance. And while it’s not the natural earthy scent that I prefer, it surprisingly didn’t bother me. I will say that “fragrance” is listed in the ingredients and this means chemical. Something I’m not psyched about, but not a deal breaker. There are few other things in there that might be deal breakers for total purists.

I think one of the reasons that I’m not a believer in daily exfoliation is because in the past my fair, sensitive skin hasn’t always responded well to exfoliants. In fact, I think harsh exfoliants in my early twenties are partly to blame for why I developed dermatitis (which I no longer have). Well the good news is I haven’t had a single moment of irritation or redness from using Dr. Gross’s peels, and I’ve finished the entire box!

I’ve really enjoyed this added step in my routine. I actually get excited every third day and I get to use them again! And while I can’t say that these pads pack the same punch as the in-office peel treatment, they definitely have helped keep my skin looking and feeling smooth and clear. I actually prefer to use them in the morning because my makeup goes on so smoothly afterwards. And I think they’ve helped a bit with monthly congestion that I sometimes get around my chin. And as a sort of weird bonus, after swiping my face with the pads, I swipe my feet. Don’t judge me! It has actually helped to keep my feet soft too. I love a multi-tasker. I would say that I’d purchase them again, but these pads are kind of like a “gateway” product, because now I wan to to step up my game and go for the heavier-hitting Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel ($110 in the shop). It’s more expensive, but if it gets results closer to the in-office treatment it’s totally worth it!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1jSbyUD via phytoceramides reviews
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NBBb5K

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário