quarta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2015

Your Best Face Uplift Toner Mist

Your Best Face Uplift Toner Mist

I’ve always had an ambivalent relationship with toner. I understand why we need to cleanse and moisturize, but toning just seems like an optional step I haven’t really got time for. That, coupled with a humiliating incident with a snotty sales girl at the Revlon counter in Boots in 1973, almost put me off toners for life. She asked about my nightly beauty regimen and I told her that I cleansed, toned then washed my face, which made her and her overly made up colleagues snigger with derision. “You put toner on, then wash it off?” she sneered loudly. Oh Lord, the embarrassment. I was only 16 at the time but you can see why toner and I have had a challenging relationship ever since.

So I hesitated when I got an email from the TIA team asking if I wanted to review Your Best Face Uplift Toner Mist ($22 in the shop). But only for a moment.

I love YBF products and have been using them happily for years. The ingredients in the mist are really impressive on paper — tons of anti-agers including peptides, botanicals and antioxidants galore. One of the most intriguing ingredients in this formula is Uplevity, a newer peptide said to firm and lift the eye area. Marta gave a really great rundown of the ingredients in her review of the mist.

So intent on laying this ghost from my past, I started diligently spritzing my face and neck whenever I was feeling below par, often several times a day. I loved how refreshed I felt. I loved the smell of almonds and it did perk me up every time. But I wasn’t yet experiencing the effects promised on the YBF website: “Uplift Toner Mist quickly curbs the signs of lackluster skin. With regular use, it helps your complexion look more even and bright.”

So I kept going with it for three more weeks and every day I was expecting to see a significant glow, a visible change in my skin. But truthfully I couldn’t notice any difference. It was very curious. This product does have a great pedigree and other reviewers have loved it. Admittedly my skin is in good nick as I have been a TIA junkie for several years now but I was expecting to see some clear visible cues after using the toner. What I mean is that when I put Royal Nectar Face Mask ($68 in the shop) on, or E'shee Alpha Omega Gene Therapy Eye Cream ($284 in the shop) or any of the serums by Moana I can see the difference immediately. They all give quick results that you can see in the mirror. The Uplift Toner Mist doesn’t do that. It’s subtle, and hugely refreshing but I couldn’t exactly see any discernable difference.

That is until I decided to take it in my hand luggage on a five-hour flight to Florida. My skin dries out like a Jacob’s Cream Cracker in a pressurized cabin but instead of my usual dollop of moisturizer, I kept spritzing the mist on my face and neck. By the time we landed my skin wasn’t dry or tight, it was hydrated and soft and — a first for me — I didn’t look like an extra from The Walking Dead.

So am I a convert to toner now? Well, yes, to this one. I live in drought-stricken California and a quick squirt of this a few times a day keeps my skin hydrated even if I can’t see immediate results. Also I fly a lot to Europe and this is definitely going with me on the 11-hour flight, along with my bag of Trader Joe chocolate almonds and copy of The Week. No more zombie apocalypse for me.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1N0oQYs via anti-aging tips
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1L70RE6

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário