quarta-feira, 27 de abril de 2016

Deciem NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1.00%

Deciem NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1.00%

by Allison G.

Deciem is a brand that, like many others, has caught my attention. Innovative formulations from people who appear passionate about what they do. I tested their NIOD brand’s Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1.00% (there is also a 5.00% )for 30 days.

So, what is my skin like? Well, the first descriptor that comes to my mind is temperamental. It likes what it likes and lets me know when it is displeased. Specifically, it can be dry and thin which leads to crepey feel on my forehead above my brows on either side (not in the center). I also have hyperpigmentation and a few old acne scars just below my cheekbone. With monthly hormonal changes I always get 1 to 3 pimples in the same area monthly. One of which was quite deep and could still be felt  even when it was visibly raised. From the other corners of my nose up and over the top of my brows in a “C” shape my skin can at times feel rough. These have been my areas of growing concern.

What does Copper isolate serum purport to do for us? According to NIOD, this serum is “a highly-focused effort to encourage skin health as a novel approach to target all aspects of skin aging by keeping the skin in an ongoing heightened state of repair.” So what does that mean for skin concerns? NIOD continues: “This extraordinary concentration allows activation of a wide array of skin health functions that help to prevent and reverse largely all aspects of visible skin aging, including textural damage, uneven pigmentation, loss of elasticity, lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores and general lack of a healthy radiance present in younger skin.” The key ingredient in this serum is a 1% concentration (which is pretty high comparatively) of copper tripeptide GHK-Cu, a copper peptide that works to correct all of the previously mentioned concerns. Sign me up for all of that!

That being said how did it perform? The product comes in 2 bottles that must be mixed and shaken before use. My first application felt a little grainy, it’s possible I didn’t shake it enough. It is a deep blue color, almost purple, and the consistency is thin. This was not too much of a problem for me as I would tilt my head back a little and drop the serum directly on my face. By doing this I have no waste. I applied morning and evening to my entire face and neck as a first step after cleansing. I use vitamin C and retinoids in my regime and was concerned about how they would interact. A bit of research found that I needed to wait 30 sec after Copper Amino Isolate Serum (CAIS) before application of my vitamin C. A small price to pay to make sure it had it’s time to be effective.

My results? Well, it took longer for me to see results than 5 days, about the 10 day mark. Gradually over the month I noticed old acne scars and pigmentation were improving. I would describe it as a slow fade, so I am encouraged. The rough patches feel like the rest of my face now. At my regular time of the month for breakouts I at first had none, but they ended up being just a little late. My breakouts lasted for a shorter duration and my skin seemed to settle down quicker. Here is the part I was surprised at: no new discoloration left behind! As for my subcutaneous omnipresent pimple, he is nearly gone. Some days I can’t feel it when I go in search.

This serum suggests results over time. My initial experience leads me to consider this for continued use. I like the slow fade of unwanted skin issues and slow rising of healthier skin that happens simultaneously. I will continue using it. The only negative is the inclusion of phenoxyethanol, a potential irritant, last on the ingredients list.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1VCYSRH via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/21fFtFX

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário