sexta-feira, 29 de abril de 2016

Blue Lagoon Rejuvenating Day Cream SPF 15

Blue Lagoon Rejuvenating Day Cream SPF 15

by Debra S.

I was given a sample of Blue Lagoon Rejuvenating Day Cream SPF 15 ($130) to try. I’m in my mid-50s and this is my first Truth In Aging review. Although I think of my skin as combination, it is probably more on the dry side as I’ve gotten older. I have a nighttime regimen, but in the morning after using Dr. Dennis Gross Vitamin C serum, I typically use a drugstore moisturizer with sunscreen, which I sometimes skip. I work from home, so seldom wear foundation.

This product comes in a jar. I much prefer pumps, even if it means that I have to dig the last of the product out somehow, because except for those times when a pump shoots product across the bathroom floor or not at all, it seems more sanitary to me. On the other hand, one can readily see how much is left in a jar, which is convenient. When I first opened the box, I could have sworn that there was a small spatula for scooping the product, but if there was, I immediately lost it. I used another that I had on hand. 

The product seems thick, but a small amount (pea-sized) spread nicely over my face. It goes on smoothly and feels richer (and seems thicker) than the drugstore stuff I use; it takes a minute or two to absorb completely. It has a slight scent which dissipated quickly. I did not find any of those attributes to be negative. 

Although it is spring in the Midwest, winter weather has lingered. I have noticed and really come to appreciate the moisturizing properties of this product as I am the early riser in the family, responsible for the dog’s morning walk. It feels much richer going on my face than the drug store products that I use. And my face has felt much better coming in from cold and blustery weather. One Saturday, I overslept and walked the dog without having on the moisturizer and my skin felt noticeably drier. 

The Blue Lagoon website says the product is good for all skin types, even sensitive skin and that it “Helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, protect against UV ray damages (fine line, wrinkles), leaves the skin smoother, softer, supple & radiant.” I don’t view my skin as particularly sensitive, but I certainly did not have any reaction to the product and even though it seems richer (I don’t like the word “heavier” because I think that has too many negative connotations), it did not clog my pores or feel too heavy. I definitely think that after using it, my skin felt smoother, but I don’t think that there were really any noticeable external changes. For me this is fine, because my main desire in the morning is for a moisturizer with sunscreen rather than any kind of “treatment.”

I must be getting old because the light lettering on the light box was very difficult to read. The list of ingredients is long and somewhat intimidating. It does contain a number of ingredients that act as sunscreen and if the weather hadn’t been so dreadful, I might have been better able to attest to the sunscreen properties. According to the Blue Lagoon website, the product formula is based on “Blue Lagoon geothermal seawater and its natural active ingredients: minerals and algae, that help prevent collagen degradation and encourage the skin’s own collagen production.” You can read more about marine ingredients in skin care here. I don’t know whether my collagen has been encouraged, but as I mentioned, my skin does feel better.

Overall, I liked the product, but probably will not buy it. I don’t think I’ll go back to drugstore brands, but will look for a more plain vanilla moisturizer with sunscreen, preferably in a pump.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1SAsUDb via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1VYK5jX

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário