sábado, 23 de julho de 2016

Your Best Face Advanced CE Concentrate

Your Best Face Advanced CE Concentrate


By Ann R.

I have been mixing and matching products a lot these past few months, as I’m in my fifties and feel that I’ve looked a little more dehydrated and tired than usual. So the Your Best Face Advanced CE Concentrate ($50 in the shop) was a welcomed addition to my skin care regimen. According to Darrell Owens, founder of YBF, the new Advanced CE Concentrate has been tweaked to be more effective and efficient as a standalone day cream.

It still contains the same three types of vitamin C, but now at a 12 percent concentration rather than the original 8.7 percent. Skin Research and Technology reports that concentrations as low as 0.6 percent can have positive effects on the skin. YBF is also moving toward using safer options to preserve its formulas — CE Concentrate uses leucidal liquid, a variety of radish root ferment filtrates. There is nothing nasty or suspicious in this cream, and the active ingredients are right at the top of the ingredient list.

Hydration and relief from irritation are obtained with meadowfoam seed oil and alpha bisabolol. Proven free radical-neutralizer vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C, which recharges the E after it does its neutralizing. Vitamin C is an ingredient that has been widely studied and found to be wholly beneficial in skin care. According to the Linus Pauling Institute, it is vital for collagen synthesis, which leads to firmer skin and improved texture, and has been said to prevent and treat UV-induced damage. Use of this ingredient has been shown to lighten dark patches, reduce inflammation, and boost the efficacy of sunscreen.

In order to remain stable, the vitamin C needs to be kept in an air-tight, opaque container. CE Concentrate is housed in a silver cylinder and is dispensed via an airless pump. I don’t know if there are differences between airless pumps, but this one works amazingly well. The product isn’t as stiff as the old version, which makes it easier to dispense. There was no need for priming after the original use; dispensing is consistent and easily controlled. The cream itself is white, odorless, and very silky without being thin — it spreads nicely onto skin. 

I started out using the cream during the day, on top of a copper peptide serum. Then, I thought about how these two may (or may not) cancel one another out. Only three days in, I switched to using it before bed. I applied it over YBF Restore Serum ($130 in the shop) and before any additional moisturizer. The brand encouraged this layering, telling me that a brightening peptide in Restore works very well with the vitamin C in CE Concentrate, thus speeding up results. 

I love Restore and have been seeing huge results with it, so I was worried about noticing changes from the vitamin C. I also think CE Concentrate is like a skin care Border Collie — if you don’t give it something to do, it will chew up your sofa cushions. You can feel the cream tingling and getting to work right when you apply it. Some spots on my face, like the sides of my nose and the bottom of my chin, began to feel rough and flaky. But when I switched to using it only every other day, the irritation cleared up.

Not long after I began using CE Concentrate on my face, I looked down at my sun-damaged forearms, which have gone neglected. My forearms tend to be dry, and not only are they are peppered with brown spots, but also with reverse freckles (aka white areas with no pigmentation). I started using one pump of CE Concentrate on my hands and forearms and voila!  I seriously saw subtle results in just three days. The freckles were lighter and, more importantly, the white areas were starting to blend in. I have not experienced any dryness or rough feeling. If anything, my arms feel softer and look more hydrated (my nails don’t leave those chalky, white streaks when I scratch them). 

I intend to keep using CE Concentrate, as I’m very pleased with the results.  



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/2agmzMP via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2a0zkKJ

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário