sexta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2015

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion

 I don’t usually notice my neck. I spent a lot of time on my face though: washing, exfoliating, moisturizing, treating, making up and scrutinizing for changes. Once provided the opportunity review the Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid & Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion ($75 in the shop), a product specifically formulated for the neck area, I was intrigued. I’m now looking to see what is going on there in the space holding up my head!

The experience of using the neck emulsion was easy and pleasant. Despite having several strongly-scented natural oils in the list of ingredients (bergamot, lemon and lavender) this cream was scentless. I applied 2 pumps of the product to my neck and upper chest twice daily, following the instructions to brush upward and focus on the area where my neck meets the chin. It absorbed instantly and while creamy, was not overly noticeably hydrating. Nothing felt dry though. Despite the lactic acid and glycolic acids present in this formula, I didn’t notice any stinging on impact. 

I was intrigued by some specific items in the ingredient list for the Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid & Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion: ferulic acid and Dr. Gross’ “unique ECG Complex.” I had already heard of ferulic acid and knew it to be a powerful antioxidant that works synergistically with other anti-aging heavy hitters such as vitamins C and E. It was great that this product comes in a dark glass bottle with a pump that dispenses evenly to both preserve the efficacy of the ingredients and prevent waste.

The ECG Complex was harder to track down. I didn’t see anything on Dr. Gross’ site explaining this special sauce. I finally found it defined here and explained here. ECG stands for “Elastin Collagen Growth,” is composed of ellagic, gallic acids, and collagen and apparently work together to help the skin regenerate itself. In her review of the Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid & Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion, Marta mentioned that two sets of amino acids in the product are made up of collagen and silk — these could be the same thing.

Now for the results: I did see smoother skin on my neck and on my chest. I may have even noticed a slight lightening of some persistent sun damage. Things seemed fresh. However, I still have the obvious horizontal neck lines that seem to appear magically on a woman’s 35th birthday. I also didn’t notice any improved firmness or definition in my chin line. Though I didn’t expect to; that takes lasers or surgery. My internal jury is still out as well on whether the skin on our necks truly requires its own special regimen.

All in all, I enjoyed the experience and noticed enough positive impact to make a case for at least finishing the bottle!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1X2SWCE via Visit Website
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/219l0UF

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário