quinta-feira, 19 de novembro de 2015

Soleil Toujours Broad Spectrum Moisturizer SPF 20

 Soleil Toujours Broad Spectrum Moisturizer SPF 20

by Laura Coleman

I was given the opportunity to test out Soleil Toujours Broad Spectrum Moisturizer SPF 20 ($55 in the shop), and I think it’s a great all-around multi-tasking product. A little background on my skin: I am 40 and live in the dry, sun-drenched city of Denver. I tend towards having inflammatory issues that can cause eczema and other skin flare-ups. I also have what I lovingly call my “crinkles” — the little happy wrinkles around my eyes. My other big issue is sun damage — lots of little spots from living in Florida and now Denver, and not being great about using sun protection throughout my life.

For me, skincare products are a multisensory experience: what I see, smell, and feel is important. I’m not crazy about the packaging (the product comes in a small, black plastic bottle that is squeezed out), but I like the pleasant, citrusy smell of this moisturizer. My favorite quality, though, is the texture. Texture and the ability to layer a product is so important to me. I have two kids under 4 and I NEED my skincare routine to be easy and effective! This moisturizer layers wonderfully with my facial serum (I’m currently using A Flawless Serum by Tilth) and I can use cover up on top or make-up and it all blends in quite well.

I tend towards breakout-prone, combination skin, and I think this is the perfect blend of matte and moisture. It did not dry out my skin, but it also did not give me an oily sheen that sometimes happens with my combination skin. I will say though, that if you are looking for a deep moisturizer for really dry skin, or something to get through a harsh, dry winter, that this one may not be what you are looking for. If you have oily, combination skin, or are looking for a lighter summer moisturizer with sunscreen, than this would be a great choice.

The ingredient list is massive and impressive. It includes titanium and zinc oxide for sun protection; a lovely handful of botanical oils such as citrus, peppermint and patchouli; organic aloe and jojoba; Swiss apple stem cells and a host of skin-firming peptides. I love products that get creative with sun protection. This moisturizer also has a host of ingredients that go above and beyond your typical sunblock. Green tea extract, SymHelios, and  an “EcoSunComplex” (a combination red algae, vitamin C ester, vitamin E and bisabolol) all provide additional UV protection and healing. Also on the list is turmeric, which can reduce inflammation and, according to the Soleil Toujours website, can “block the synthesis of skin discoloration by inhibiting tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyzes the production of melanin” and reduce age spots. There are some ingredients that I would prefer to not have, such as aluminum and the preservative phenoxyethanol, but overall, I am impressed!

My conclusion: this is a super multitasking moisturizer that works well for sun protection. I recommend it for oily to combination skin, but it’s not drying and could still work for all skin types. It is amazing for layering, but can stand on it’s own because of the great ingredients. And it smells a bit like sugary grapefruit! Yummy!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1XaVedI via highest quality phytoceramides
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Ohryt4

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário