sexta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2016

Hynt Encore Fine Pressed Powder

Hynt Encore Fine Pressed Powder

by Dana V.

For as long as I can recall, I have used a mineral powder foundation given that I have always had oily skin and am prone to breakouts. I find a powder foundation (as opposed to liquid) makes a difference in helping to keep the shine at a minimum and there always seems to be fewer ingredients that could cause breakouts. Now in my early 40s, my skin continues to be on the oily side but I have added a serum and SPF moisturizer to my daily routine to get those extra anti-aging benefits. Having never used a mineral foundation in pressed form, I was intrigued to try the Hynt Beauty Fine Pressed Powder ($45).

Let us begin with the clever packaging. The black compact is sleek and comes tucked inside of a cute little velvety black bag complete with drawstring. The clever part is obvious when you open the compact. The sponge applicator is placed on top of a plastic lid that snaps in place over the pressed powder. I love that the sponge is not sitting directly on top of the powder. It just seems more sanitary, especially if you are like me and wash brushes and applicators often to keep acne causing bacteria to a minimum. Of course, there is also a great little mirror inside the compact for easy on-the-go touchups. This is a nice feature that I don’t typically get to take advantage of with a loose powder.

I expect a lot from a mineral foundation. It must non-comedogenic, have a short list of beneficial ingredients, provide light coverage while not looking cakey and settling into fine lines, and be a great color match for my skin tone. I prefer a light coverage that lets my skin’s natural glow shine through as opposed to a fuller matte coverage. Hynt Beauty’s Fine Pressed Powder delivers on most of these expectations.

This powder did not cause any breakouts or otherwise bad skin reactions for me. It has a short list of ingredients, many of which I have typically seen in other mineral foundations. Kaolin (a white clay) is great for oil control in my past experience and jojoba oil and vitamin E are also present, both beneficial ingredients for skin. The shade I received for testing (medium beige) was a tad dark for my lighter complexion, and I found the coverage to be a bit fuller and more matte than I expected. Perhaps this is just a consequence of using a pressed powder versus a loose powder. I used this powder as a foundation, but the packaging mentions that it can also be used as a setting powder. Given that I do not use liquid foundation, I feel that a setting powder may not be practical in my case. 

Although this foundation met a majority of my desires for a mineral powder foundation, the fuller matte coverage is unfortunately a deal breaker for me and so I must pass on it for daily use. Otherwise, it is a wonderful product so please don’t be dissuaded from giving it a try if it might meet your needs!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/213LOrU via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Q6x1W4

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário