terça-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2016

Sciote Antioxidant Scrub and Masque

Sciote Antioxidant Scrub and Masque

by Laura C.

I have been testing Sciote’s Antioxidant Scrub & Masque ($65 in the shop), and I have to say that I like the mask, although it’s not quite what I expected. To start, I’ll give a little background on my skin: I’m 40 and have some hyperpigmentation from living in Florida for 20 years; I get breakouts and occasional skin flare-ups (red, pimply, dry); and I also have some small wrinkles around the eyes and puffiness. My neck is also starting to look a little saggy. So, I was really excited to try out the sciote mask — with some hope that it might help fade some of my sun damage and clear up my complexion.  

I really love masks, but I think that masks are a hard item to review. When you aren’t using a product every day, it may take longer to see a difference. I have used some masks that I felt made an instant difference in the appearance of my skin, my favorite being the La Vie Celeste Restorative Exfoliating Gel Mask. It made my skin pink and fresh looking after every use. The Sciote mask gives a more subtle effect, but I do think that it does what it claims with consistent use. While I didn’t see a huge difference in my sun spots, I did like the way it reduced the number of breakouts (I usually get breakouts a couple of times a month). It also made my skin feel silky soft and improved the texture. I live in Denver and since moving here two years ago, the arid climate has really made my skin feel dry and rough. This is a fantastic product for improving overall skin texture and setting a nice palette for serums and creams. The Sciote mask did not irritate my skin at all, although it did feel warm and tingly while on my face. I don’t think buyers with sensitive skin should be concerned about using this mask.

I practice aromatherapy, and have experience with blending and applying base and essential oils for therapeutic use. So, scent is very important to me. Well, the Sciote mask smells divine! It reminds me of an incense I used to love, with hints of frankincense and honey. The texture is smooth with small granules (cranberry fibers) that exfoliate — you can massage into the skin after letting the mask rest for a while. The overall experience of this mask is wonderful! I would not be surprised to see it on spa shelves.

The mask includes a long list of therapeutic ingredients such as fruit extracts and botanic oils intended to soften and brighten the skin. Antioxidants from blueberry, cranberry, Oregon grape, bayberry, cayenne and sea buckthorn provide sun protection and shield against environmental damage. 5% glycolic and 2% lactic acid help with skin turnover and rejuvenation. I love the way that this mask uses natural ingredients to provide anti-aging benefits. 

I think that Sciote is doing a good thing with this mask, it’s a glycolic mask that doesn’t irritate, it helps smooth and soften the skin and it clears breakouts without drying. This is not one of those “wow” masks, but it has its place as a gentle exfoliator that can give good results with consistent use. I did not see a huge difference in my sun spots, but I rarely find a product that works on them. I have names for some of my spots, they have been around for so long. Thanks, TIA for this great product!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1oouIUl via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LsKt1e

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário