sexta-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2016

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum

by Linda B.

Dr. Dennis Gross, a well-known NYC dermatologist, and a rock star to his patients, has developed an impressive collection of targeted, age-battling products which are now available to the rest of us. Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum ($68) offers new hope (even to we ladies of a certain vintage) in the form of a gel-like eye serum that promises to lighten, brighten, de-puff and reduce crinckles in that problem area surrounding the windows to our souls.

I was asked to test this product and report my observations and results. First, a primer on the active ingredients; retinol and ferulic acid, which are antioxidant powerhouses, caffeine and licorice root extract, which promise to firm and brighten the skin. Retinol, which has been widely-used in the skincare industry, was first introduced as an anti-acne treatment in the 1970s. It soon found its way into skincare products and is widely recognized today as a treatment that addresses the appearance of wrinkles, elasticity and discoloration, by boosting cell turnover, making way for new cell growth and interrupting the collapse of collagen, by strengthening the deeper layers of skin, where wrinkles begin. Less well-known, but equally promising is ferulic acid, which is found in the seeds of fruits, vegetables and grains. Ferulic acid is a super-antioxidant that fights free-radical damage that leads to premature aging. These ingredients are combined in a lightweight serum that is packages in a per-dose pump bottle.

Having tested this eye serum for almost six weeks, here are my impressions. I loved the “slip” of this product; it is neither a traditional gel, nor a liquid serum, more like the consistency of a liquid gel. It dries down to a natural finish, without a greasy look/feel, or a pulling/tightening feeling. My concealer, which I sadly still need, went on without pilling or streaking, which is sometimes a problem with layering concealer over many eye products. I also observed a reduction of crepiness on my upper lid. I did not notice any de-puffing or brightening of my under-eye area. Crow’s feet? Perhaps a slight reduction, but there was a significant bonus not touted by any of the literature: this product has made my eyelashes grow! And not only grow, it has regenerated growth of dormant follicles. I actually have new lashes growing in. But wait, there’s more: I think I see new growth on the outer corners of my eyebrows, which have noticeably thinned in recent years. I love unintended consequences when they are beneficial!

In summary, I liked many things about this product. I will finish the bottle and hope for even more visible improvements. Sometimes it takes a little longer for the full effects of a product to “work their magic” on those of us who are 60+. I am happy to have had the opportunity to review this product and hope my observations are of value .



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1PK30Hz via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NqlpYe

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário