terça-feira, 22 de março de 2016

ASDM Beverly Hills Lifting Contour Serum

ASDM Beverly Hills Lifting Contour Serum

My about-to-be-59-year-old face is heading south at a rate of knots. Trying to hoist it up without pullies, scaffolding or surgery is as useless as piling up a couple of sandbags against a tsunami. None of the creams I have tried have worked and although my skin is in great nick thanks to all the anti-aging products I now religiously use, nothing has really stopped that inevitable sag towards my knees.

So it was with great interest that I opted to review the new ASDM Beverly Hills Lifting Contour Serum ($65 in the shop). The first thing I did when it arrived was read what the ASDM website claimed it would do. This is what it said:

“Like a mother cuddling a newborn, this serum will treat your skin with the utmost care and protection that your skin has only dreamed of.” 

Oh, you chaps in marketing. But the hyperbole didn’t put me off, neither did the cheap looking boxed packaging or even the name “Beverly Hills” on the front (well, it did a bit). I cheerfully unwrapped it to find a glass bottle with a thick, creamy serum inside and put it on a cleanly washed face and neck, stood back and waited.

And this is the curious thing. Within seconds, I could feel my pores tightening up, firming my face and neck. It was like a taut layer of cling film round a turkey sandwich. It had a nice clean smell, a little bit sticky to start with but so far so interesting. I went to bed and repeated the process in the morning. Again, the tightening happened. I began to layer other creams on top, as per the instructions on the box. In fact I developed a nightly ritual which I have continued for the past 3 weeks:

1. Cleanse face with Lift Lab Skin Regeneration (on my 3rd tube).
2. Apply Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (on my 2nd box).
3. Put the ASDM Contour Serum on when face is dry and let it soak in.
4. Apply Dr. Dennis Gross Recovery Overnight Serum.
5. Finally put on Dr. Dennis Gross Neck Emulsion.
6. Retire to bed with a copy of The Week.
 
I know it sounds like I’m remodeling the kitchen, but it actually only takes about 7 minutes whilst I’m cleaning my teeth and listening to Tom Ashbrook on the radio. So no big deal.

The big question is why does this seem to be working when everything else I’ve tried doesn’t? Well, the science suggests a pedigree concoction with the third ingredient (cue the drum role) being Matrixyl 3000, an anti-aging missile that seeps into the skin and repairs. The second ingredient is vitamin C which increases the skin’s hydration levels and improves its elasticity. And the 4th ingredient is the power-house sodium hyaluronic acid which hydrates, making smoother, softer skin with decreased wrinkles and an all-around fuller appearance. Added to this there is vitamin E, honey extract, grapefruit seed extract, aloe vera and a glycan booster. And no nasties.

At the 4-week mark I am only half way through the bottle even though I slather it on thickly morn and night. The dispenser has broken but that’s a minor quibble. What is astonishing is that it really is making a difference in the firming department. Going back to the over-inflated blurb on the box I read this with a smile:

“Smooth, plump, regenerated skin cells will vibrantly glow casting a luminous appearance that will be visible to everyone you know.”

Well not quite everyone. My husband definitely wouldn’t notice (actually I could tattoo LOVE and HATE on my hands and he’d miss it) but I have certainly noticed and in the great fight against droop, wilt and flop, that is all that matters.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1LFAOdo via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1PqqcKd

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário