sexta-feira, 25 de março de 2016

Board and Batten Restore Like A Girl Overnight Nourishing Balm

Board and Batten Restore Like A Girl Overnight Nourishing Balm

by Leslie G.

I was so excited when I received the email from Truth in Aging informing me that I had been chosen to review Board and Batten Restore Like a Girl ($56/40ml). Living in Michigan, a great night cream is a must during the winter.

Let me give you a little background information about myself and my skin. I am a few months shy of the big 50. I would categorize my skin as combination, oily forehead and nose, normal or dry everywhere else. Even with an oily nose, I am prone to flaky skin on the sides of my nose, especially in winter.  

Once I was informed that I would be testing a product from Board and Batten I immediately got on their website and was rather impressed with what I read. First off, their concept is “farm to skin” products. I love the farm-to-table movement we are seeing in many restaurants these days and was reminded of this when I read their philosophy. They make their products in small batches on their farm in Lake County, Florida, growing the ingredients used in their products right on their farm.

My first impression of the cream was that the consistency was a mix between coconut oil and Vaseline! It took some getting used to and to say that a little goes a long way would be an understatement. The ingredient list reads like something straight out of a health food store! Jojoba oil leads the way followed by cocoa seed butter, tea seed oil and evening primrose oil, all great moisturizers. The list of natural ingredients and powerful antioxidants goes on, no nasties in here.

After four weeks of use I have hardly made a dent in the jar. That being said, I have really seen some nice results as far as my dry flakes on the side of my nose — they are almost gone! I have found it takes some work rubbing this in and even then it seems to take a while to absorb. After cleansing each night I followed up with my MitoQ serum and Restore Like a Girl. This is a definite keeper for cold climates, it may be a bit too moisturizing for summer or for those with oiler skin.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1q6MEn0 via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LO26hH

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário