sexta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2015

Trufora Titanium Day Cream SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen

Trufora Titanium Day Cream SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen

by Alina

Over the past few weeks I had an opportunity to review Trufora Titanium Day Cream SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen ($45). To put things into context, let me start by giving an overview of my skin condition. I am 45 with combination skin, slightly acne prone on my chin. I have worn sunscreen every single day for at least 20 years and choosing the right sunscreen is the most important part of my skin care routine. For the past year, I have been using mostly natural skincare brands such as La Bella Figura, Vintner’s Daugther, Kypris, and Moss Skincare. Prior to trying the Trufora Titanium Day Cream SPF 30 I had been using two sunscreens: the Luzern Bio-Suisse BB Cream SPF 20, my all-time favorite, and a new, powder sunscreen by Moss Skincare (Halo Sun Protection Powder), which I mix with the serums and oils that I use in the morning.

I was very excited to try Trufora’s day cream. First, it boasts a 12.1% titanium dioxide concentration. I was unable to figure out from the ingredient list whether the cream is non-nano, something that I have come to look for in my skin care products. From what I understand, nanoparticles make the sunscreen absorb better but also increase the likelihood that harmful chemicals will get absorbed by the body, rather than sitting on the skin. Trufora also includes a proprietary compound called Vederine, which, according to the manufacturer, mimics the action of vitamin D in the skin. Using sunscreen protects the skin from the sun’s rays but also diminishes the production of vitamin D; according to the manufacturer Vederine remedies this problem.

Two other key ingredients are Botanimoist AMS (According to Trufora, “Extracted from dried apples, this moisturizing saccharide complex smoothes skin texture.”) and Botanessential RRST (According to Trufora, “All-natural antioxidant complex composed of Rice Extract, Rosemary Extract, Sunflower Extract and Natural Tocopherols. Protects oils from oxidative degradation.”). There’s also Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, silicones which make the product emollient, but the EMG database gives this ingredient a rating of 1. The ingredient list is long: I searched the first 6 ingredients in the EMG database and they all had ratings of 1 or 2, so the product appears to be overall very safe.

On to its performance. The product is dark beige-pink. I was so startled by the color that I did not put it on the first day I opened the tube, fearing that it may be too dark and that I may look weird at work. It was literally darker than the darkest foundation I ever tried. I tried it first on a weekend day and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it does get absorbed and it does not look dark on the skin. My skin is light to medium, so I cannot comment on how this would look on porcelain skin. The good: it absorbs well, it is hydrating, it does not leave a white cast. The bad: it looks like you have used luminizer all over your face. This was not the look I was going for; I like my sunscreen and day creams to be matte and invisible. Also, my forehead became oily by the end of the day, something that does not happen with either the Luzern or the Moss sunscreens.

In sum, I would not purchase this. I think it would be best for people who love BB creams and primers and are looking for a luminizing effect from their sunscreen or day cream. While the sunscreen does not leave a while cast, the product does leave a sheen that I did not like. It is a multitasking product and it appears to be safe, so if your skin is dry and you use luminizers to give yourself a glow, give this cream a try.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1MlOgMz via check it out
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NC33EM

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário