quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2016

What I'm Testing Now

What I'm Testing Now

There were three keepers from my last round of testing, all of them from our new favorite Canadian brand, Deciem. So I am excited to have more testers from this company (so unusual that it even proudly describes itself as abnormal) in the pipeline. Especially as one of them features copper, which most of you know is one of my favorite ingredients.

Deciem’s Niod Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1% ($60) uses a copper tripeptide GHK-Cu. Copper peptides have a long science pedigree for healing wounds, boosting collagen and growing hair. Here, there is a 1% concentration that comes in a separate bottle that you combine at home with a “stabilization complex” that also contains hyaluronic acid and an interesting peptide, myristoyl nonapeptide-3 that increases cell exfoliation. It is often likened to vitamin A (retinol), although supposedly without any of the side effects. It is also in Deciem’s Hylamide SubQ Eyes ($35 in the shop). 

I have also made a start on Deciem’s Hair Is Fabric Anti-Aging Support ($55), a co-wash shampoo/conditioner that is packaged in a tube like a giant toothpaste. I have found that a very little goes a long way (after over-doing it the first time I used it and spending an age rinsing it out). Now that I’ve worked this out, I am rather liking it. Unlike many co-washes that don’t do either job particularly well, this seems to be decent in both departments. Time will tell if there are anti-aging effects. There are no sulfates and the surfactant is mild, but this is not a natural product. On the plus side, there are some promising ingredients such as sodium hyaluronate, plant extracts and keratin.

I passed on Deciem’s Hydration Vaccine ($55) as its “Adaptive Flexo-Silicone Mesh Complex” seemed to have enough silicone to do a breast implant. On the other hand, I am happily trying out a cream Difinsa53, which calls out 1% dimethicone as its “active” ingredient. This is because Difinsa53 was originally made for cancer patients exposed to radiation and silicone acts as a protectant. What got my attention though was a “patent pending formulation allows us to include a standardized 95% pure silybin (pharmaceutical grade).” Silybin is a component of milk thistle. This is another of my favorite ingredients (its in my Truth Vitality Treatment Gel), a powerful antioxidant and UV protector.

Another good find seems to be a Matrixyl 3000 serum by ASDM Beverly Hills. Apart from the peptide combo M3000, there’s hyaluronic acid, water and two natural preservatives. And at a decent price of $35.

Our Dare To Try It Panel took part in a consumer study for Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic & Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Overnight Serum ($88 in the shop), a night serum that combines retinol, ferulic acid and niacinamide. Of the participants in the study 96.4% saw improvement in skin quality and 85.7% saw an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles. With that endorsement, I just had to give it a go. I was also persuaded by the fact that around 90% experienced no irritation — so far, neither have I.

A blast from the past is Blue Lagoon Iceland’s Algae Mask, which I reviewed back in 2013. Since then, there has been a repackaging and reformulation with the happy result that it no longer has parabens. New additions are wheat and evening primrose oil. Of course, the stars of the show are still there — silica and algae from Iceland’s Blue Lagoon.

Talking of repackaging, Sciote products now come in cartons that have a personal message of empowerment upon opening. The perfect excuse for getting reacquainted with Sciote Peptide+Defense Firming Youth Serum ($105 in the shop). I must say that it really is a great serum and I will back with a longer review soon – which will also sing the praises of its well-behaved pump.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1O5EIX7 via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1XmrYlX

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário