quarta-feira, 18 de maio de 2016

ASDM Beverly Hills Tepez Regenerating Serum

ASDM Beverly Hills Tepez Regenerating Serum

I am 66. Although I take very good care of my skin, I certainly identify with the dryness and loss of elasticity that come with aging. I have used a pure hyaluronic acid gel under my moisturizer for a few years. When I got the opportunity to test the ASDM Beverly Hills Tepez Regenerating Serum ($45 in the shop), I stopped using the product I’d been using because hyaluronic acid is the second ingredient, after water, in the Tepez serum. My expectation was that my skin would continue to feel and look as hydrated as it had with the hyaluronic acid gel.

I used the serum two to three times a day, depending on whether I worked out. It has a thick-ish lotion-like consistency and comes in a 2 ounce glass pump dispenser. This is a generous amount for the $45.00 price and I have almost two thirds of the bottle left after four weeks of testing. The pump has worked flawlessly, which is not always the case with some products I’ve used. (It can be maddening!) The serum was creamy and disappeared into my skin instantly. There is no discernible smell. I used 2 pumps each time and I always used it when my face was wet or damp. It was the first product I used and I always layered a moisturizer and an eye cream over it. In the AM, I ended with a sunscreen. In the PM, I used Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil; sometimes under the serum and sometimes over it (I couldn’t decide which way was correct) and then layered a moisturizer and eye cream.

The active ingredients in the Tepez serum are hyaluronic acid, tepezcohuite extract, vitamin C, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline and genistein. I called ASDM to inquire about this because the website states that there are five, but lists the names of only two of them. I also contacted ASDM because tepezcohuite extract is not listed at all in the ingredients on the bottle or on their website. They told me that this was an error and that it is present in a concentration of 16%. In response to where it would be in the ingredient list, I was told that it was near the top of the list, but they couldn’t give me a more exact answer.

Tepezcohuite extract, which is made from the bark of a tree (mimosa tenuiflora) found in Mexico, Central and South America, is known to protect hyaluronic acid while stimulating the production of elastin and collagen. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body. Because it holds moisture very well, it helps to keep the skin hydrated when used topically. Vitamin C, in the form of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, also aids in collagen production, reduces inflammation and reduces age spots. While is not as well-documented as l-ascorbic acid, it certainly has anti-aging properties. Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline assists in wrinkle correction and skin rejuvenation. Finally, genistein also helps with collagen production, so that skin is more elastic. It seems that together, all of these ingredients would work synergistically to enhance skin thickness, texture and appearance.

There are a host of botanicals in the formulation as well; such as jojoba seed oil, honey extract, silk powder, aloe barbadensis leaf extract and grapefruit seed extract. Other ingredients are used to emulsify the ingredients and thicken the lotion. There is nothing that seems toxic or worrisome. Beeswax, although natural, is a paraben since it doesn’t sink into the skin and could clog pores for those who tend to be oily. However, I base my conclusions on the ingredient list which, I now know is missing at least one ingredient.

After four weeks, I can say that ASDM Tepez Regenerating Serum has met my expectations. My skin feels as well-hydrated as it has when I’ve used the pure hyaluronic acid gel. The price point of $45.00 for 2 ounces is 40% less than what I’ve been paying for the hyaluronic acid gel I’d been using and provides an extra .3 ounce of product. The extra active ingredients certainly are a welcome addition, too.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1qvpp5N via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1WDFdla

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário