sexta-feira, 20 de maio de 2016

Difinsa53

Difinsa53

by Kate W.

I am a 56-year-old woman and I have experienced numerous uncomfortable skin issues as a result of menopause. One of the most persistent and annoying issues has been recurring bouts of eczema on my face (eyelids, chin, nasal labial folds, hairline). Not only is the eczema unattractive, but also dry and itchy. I’ve never been plagued by eczema before the onset of menopause. I have tried all kinds of lotions, face washes, and creams, (some with hydrocortisone — but I have tried to use these sparingly) as well as dietary changes and acupuncture. Nothing has really eliminated the problem. Before menopause I would have described my skin as combination. Now I would describe it as sensitive and dry. I’ve been using Difinsa53 ($62.50 in the shop) for approximately 5 weeks on my face and neck.

Difinsa53 was originally designed for cancer patients whose skin had been damaged by radiation. The active ingredient is a  silicone (dimethicone), which acts as a breathable barrier. While some studies have found that dimethicone sooths and restores chronic skin inflammation, there are some concerns about this silicone product as a skin treatment. Since it acts as a coating on top of the skin, it can trap bacteria and other impurities that lie on the skin, creating potential breakouts and blackheads — however I did not experience this reaction. Dinfinsa53 ingredients also include aloe, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and a proprietary version of silibinin (derived from milk thistle plant which is known for anti-aging properties). Marta talked about silibinin’s role in this lotion in her review.

The product comes in a tube with a small pump and is easy to dispense. It is more like a light lotion than a cream. You can feel the silicone ingredient when you apply it. It has a slippery kind of feel to it. It is easy to apply and has a very light, but not unpleasant scent. Because my skin is so much dryer now than in the past, I found I could not use Difinsa53 as a stand-alone face lotion. It simply was not enough of a moisturizer and I ended up needing to use my regular face cream on top of it.

So how did it work and did it help with the eczema? I’m not completely sold on the product unfortunately. It may be that I’m looking for something that doesn’t really exist. I know eczema is very persistent and stubborn — it may be that there is no one product that will alleviate it. I have noticed, that in the last month, I have not had any big eczema flare-ups, but the persistent itchy spots are still there and don’t seem to be any less profound. I will probably continue to use the product until it’s gone, however, it will be interesting to see if not using it for a few weeks increases the likelihood of larger flare-ups. If that happens I will amend this review and may decide to continue using Difinsa53 as part of a mix of products to keep the eczema at bay.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1Twq0j4 via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NCZunR

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário