quarta-feira, 9 de março de 2016

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream

My 40-something-year-old eye area has always posed a challenge to looking put together each day. I have thin skin around my eyes. Veins are visible underneath, and my lids take on a purple tinge. This can leave me looking drained. 

Nothing that claimed to diminish dark circles ever worked for me. A bit of makeup has always been a must: a little concealer to camouflage my see-through skin and some mascara for definition. Unfortunately, I have struggled to find an eye cream that doesn’t cause my makeup to smear. If I try to fend off raccoon eyes with powder, I look dried out and crepey.  Talk about an endless cycle of frustration! 

All of that changed, however, with Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream. Here are six things I love about it:

1) Absorbs thoroughly. This eye cream leaves no slick residue, an absolute must for me when it comes to daytime wear. With the Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream, my makeup stays put and looking fresh. 

2) No irritation. The cream’s fast absorption means it doesn’t get into my eyes. I can dab it right up to my lash line with no stinging or or tears. This says a lot about the gentleness of the formulation, as ferulic acid and retinol have been known to irritate sensitive and delicate skin, like that around the eyes. 

3) Diminishes darkness. This eye cream has helped tone down the purple tinge to the thin skin around my eyes. Perhaps the cream’s buttery yellow color acts as a neutralizer. In addition, the product contains mica, which Dr. Gross says reflects light to blur fine lines. 

But it’s more than just a superficial fix. I see an overall brightening around my eyes. Since using the Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream, my eyes look less sickly and tired, even without makeup. 

The trademarked Elastin Collagen Growth (ECG) complex may be responsible for this benefit. It includes ellagic and gallic acids, which have been shown to tackles dark spots and sun damage. 

4) Complementary ingredients. While the ECG complex goes to work on sun damage, the eye cream’s retinol and hydroxy acids exfoliate to smooth lines and wrinkles, but in turn make skin more sensitive to the sun. That’s where ferulic acid gets to shine; its antioxidant powers act as a sunscreen to protect skin.  

This eye cream is not for purists. It uses phenoxyethanol as a preservative and other ingredients that may not be acceptable to those who prefer all-natural ingredients. 

5) Yummy scent. When I first opened the eye cream jar, it triggered fond memories of the Bazooka Bubble Gum I chomped as a kid. Delightful! 

6) Minimal packaging. I don’t care for fancy containers that end up in the trash. Dr. Gross must agree. The box for the Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream is made from one piece of card stock, strategically folded with all directions, ingredients and copyright info printed directly on the box. No inserts, no glossy photos. I love the pared-down packaging, though many over 40 will need reading glasses to decipher the tiny print. 

Bottom line: I highly recommend this product. It provides the immediate benefit of working great under makeup. Plus, it has shown a cumulative improvement to the darkness around my eyes. The Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream is staying in my skincare routine. It is the best eye cream I’ve found for daytime use. Thank you, Dr. Gross! 



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1QFbOBH via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1p9tpbN

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário