quinta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2016

Maya Chia The Super Couple Ultra Luxe Face Oil

Maya Chia The Super Couple Ultra Luxe Face Oil


By Kimberly S.

Those of you who have even the slightest interest in green beauty know that it seems like every day there’s a new face oil on the market. They are often pristinely packaged with a list of pure, active ingredients and all sorts of tempting promises. But I can’t help but wonder, is this new bottle of powerful potents really any different from the last? Well, when it comes to Maya Chia’s The Super Couple ($85), the answer is a resounding yes!

The star ingredient in the Maya Chia line is chia seed oil. Chia seed oil is rich in omega fatty acids, which your skin will happily drink up. And while Maya Chia prides themselves on sourcing the highest quality chia seed oil and using a patented supercritical extraction process, for me the star player in this stunning formulation is the addition of astaxanthin. You’ve likely read about astaxanthin here at TIA many times. That’s because it’s a serious anti-aging powerhouse that is proven to have 65 times the strength of Vitamin C.

Let me give you a little background on astaxanthin, because when you have even a basic understanding of this gorgeous red substance, you will begin to get why it’s so magical. Astaxanthin is a naturally occurring carotenoid pigment that is found in certain marine plants and animals, and it’s one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature. It is what gives wild salmon and krill their red color. Baleen whales subsist on a diet of mostly krill, so imagine how nutrient-dense these little critters are that they can keep the largest creature on Earth alive. And if that wasn’t enough, astaxanthin may protect skin against the sun. Experiments have shown that the skin gets considerably less damage if it is pre-treated with astaxanthin before sun exposure and recovers quickly from sun damage after topical application.*

The science is compelling, right? I have been using this beautiful naturally-colored coral serum for a month now and I’ve got a lot to share. As it turned out, just days after I started using it, I had a facial scheduled. I hadn’t had a facial in forever and my skin was incredibly congested around the chin and mouth. Needless to say, there was a lot of extracting and my face was left very irritated and inflamed. In fact, the facial caused a minor dermatitis flare-up.  The Maya Chia oil soothed my face and cleared up over half of the irritation in a day, and by day two, my face was pretty much back to normal. For a dermatitis flare-up to be cleared that quickly was remarkable. I was in awe — and hooked!

Although it’s quite moisturizing, the oil is on the lighter side. It disappears into your skin, leaving a lovely dewy finish. I wonder if it will be enough for the cold dry wintery days, but so far it’s been perfect for summer. The earthy-floral scent is absolutely divine, and best of all, my skin is looking exceptionally healthy and vibrant. In the majorly saturated skin care market, I feel like I’ve stumbled upon a real gem. It’s as if someone bottled up the magic of nature so that I can spread it on my face every morning.

**Yamashita (1995). Suppression of post UVB hyperpigmentation by topical astaxanthin from krill. Fragrance J., 14:180-185.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/2b4efxK via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2blfIjV

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário