quarta-feira, 4 de maio de 2016

Sonäge Presage Moisturizer SPF 15

Sonäge Presage Moisturizer SPF 15

by Teresa G.

I have been using the Sonäge Presage Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($52 in the shop) and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection over the last four weeks. I am a 50-year-old Asian woman with normal to dry skin. My skin is not very sensitive to most products. I occasionally still get a blemish which I attribute to clogged pores so I look for products that are non-comedogenic. I am someone who spends a fair amount of time outside watching my kids’ sporting activities and some running myself, and I also have previous hyperpigmentation from not wearing sunscreen in my earlier years. So sun protection in a moisturizer is extremely important for me. I try to wear at least a SPF 40 rain or shine, so if my moisturizer does not contain that, I wear a sunscreen on top of the moisturizer for that added protection.

I was expecting the product to have a nice texture and feel to it, deliver moisturizing results, and of course, to protect my skin from the sun during the day. After cleansing, I always used a serum first and then applied the Sonage Presage Moisturizer. I have to say the smell was slightly off-putting at first as I was expecting a pleasant smell of a luxurious moisturizer and instead, it smelled more like a sunscreen that one would buy at a mass market drugstore. It went on nicely without any greasy feel or any difficulty spreading as I have had with other sunscreens containing zinc oxide. Again, since I want that extra protection, I still applied my sunblock with SPF 40+ on top of the Sonage Presage. 

The active ingredients in this product are zinc oxide 5.0% and titanium dioxide 2.5%. These are the best physical barrier sunscreen ingredients that protect the skin in a way that is different from chemical sunscreens. I don’t think I’ve seen a moisturizer yet that contains these physical sunscreens, as most contain the chemical ingredients. So I felt good using this product knowing that my skin was protected by using it. 

Overall, I am pleased with the product. It definitely has the look, smell and feel of a sunscreen though rather than a moisturizer to me although I am sure it delivers moisturizing benefits to my normal to dry skin. I will keep using it and see if my skin improves in hydration. If this product contained an SPF over 40, I would likely buy it as it would eliminate that extra step for me in adding sun protection. Also, if there was a way to make it smell and feel a little more luxurious, that would be an added reason to add it to my skincare regimen.



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1W8lauu via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1q0VSjX

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário