sábado, 22 de outubro de 2016

Dr. Dennis Gross All-In-One Cleanser with Toner

Dr. Dennis Gross All-In-One Cleanser with Toner


By Gretchen B.

I’m nearing 60 and my skin is dry in some places with blemishes, clogged pores and rosacea along my t-zone. Try pleasing that combo. I had been looking for a face wash that works well for aging skin while also caring to my skin’s specific needs, so I was eager to try Dr. Dennis Gross All-In-One Cleanser with Toner ($30 in the shop).  

The All-In-One Cleanser with Toner is a creamy lotion with a clean smell. It instructs to apply the lotion on dry skin with dry hands and massage it in for 10 seconds if your skin is dry or 30 seconds if oily before rinsing. After, my skin felt clean, soft and balanced — not too dry and not too oily. I didn’t feel the need to moisturize right away, as I do with some cleansers, and as the day wore on, my skin didn’t feel like it was getting oilier. It remained nice and balanced all day.

The lotion does a fairly good job of removing liner and mascara, but I did have to follow up with eye makeup remover. I wiped my face after cleansing with Dr. Gross and found no trace of foundation on the wipe. I don’t wear a heavy foundation, but I was satisfied with the thoroughness of this face wash.

At first, I didn’t understand the name of the product, All-In-One Cleanser with Toner. What “all” is included and which part is the Toner? There’s witch hazel and some various alcohols on the ingredient list that act as astringents. It also has chamomile oil and several forms of oat fto calm skin, plus jojoba, grape seed, sunflower and safflower oils. Could the “all” be that it is meant to cleanse, tone and hydrate?

I didn’t notice any dramatic results, but a few chronic dry patches seemed less so and my rosacea seemed calmer with fewer pustules. By the end of five weeks, I had only one cystic pimple under the skin. All-in-all, my skin felt more balanced and less reactive. The changes were subtle but welcomed.

There are some ingredients of concern to the Environmental Working Group in this formulation, including the preservative phenooxyethanol, colorant chlorophyllin-copper complex and surfactant polysorbate-60, among a few others. This product is not for purists, but otherwise, it is an efficient cleanser that seems beneficial for all skin types. 

Read another review of Dr. Dennis Gross All-In-One Cleanser with Toner here



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/2egZYTb via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2ei9CY5

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário