quinta-feira, 20 de outubro de 2016

What's Working for Me Now: Fall 2016

What's Working for Me Now: Fall 2016

Every three or four months I post an update on what products are working for me. My attention has recently been focused on lessening the look of forehead wrinkles, lip lines, and crow’s feet. Without further explanation, I’ll get straight to the exciting part. The standout in my current regimen is without a doubt Lifeline Stem Cell Skin Care Daily Defense Complex ($160 in the shop). I have been looking for a serious growth factor serum for some time and this is it.

Not all growth factors used in cosmetics are created equal. Lifeline’s are somewhat unique in that they are extracted from unfertilized human eggs and then suspended in liposomes for better delivery to the skin cells. This serum also has micrococcus lysate, a marine microbe that is known to be incredibly resistant to UV light. I always love coming across new ingredients (new to me) and here there is something called Celligent, an impressive complex of antioxidants and DNA protectors.

Daily Defense Complex has done a fantastic job on my forehead wrinkles and my skin overall looks better (I even got a nod from my husband the other week). I finished my product review at the end of August and have been using my sample ever since. Now that I’m squeezing out the last of it, I will be definitely buying a replacement. Lifeline’s products — we’ve had a total of four in the Truth In Aging testing arena —have been getting great feedback, and it looks as if this brand could be a future community favorite.

In the evening, I dab on some of my longtime favorite from Sciote, the Peptide + Defense Firming Youth Serum ($105 in the shop). I am a bit addicted to this product, as it gives my skin the healthiest glow. I have been layering it over Deciem’s NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1% ($60 in the shop), which delivers a blast of copper peptides to help both my rosacea and wrinkles. After a leave of absence, I’m happy that I reintroduced this back into my regimen. Another one of my addictions is ClarityRX Get Fit ($105.75 in the shop). It has done such an unbelievable job on my crow’s feet that I am now a believer in neuropeptides. I’m well into my second bottle and have no doubt that a third is in my future.

For cleanser, I alternate between Dawn Lorraine Green Tea Nourishing Cleanser ($37 in the shop) and Ao Skincare Prepare ($39.95 in the shop), depending on whether my skin feels the need for a creamy or clarifying wash. Dawn Lorraine is the creamy one and its natural, antioxidant-rich formula leaves my skin feeling so soft. Ao Prepare seems to have recently been purloined by my husband, so I can vouch for this as a reliably unisex gel cleanser. But don’t think this makes it boring and utilitarian — this cleanser has plant stem cells and kiwi oil (just so you know that it comes from New Zealand). Ao also makes my current sunscreen of choice, Ao Skincare Protect ($59.95 in the shop). It has two of my favorite antioxidants, ferulic acid and astaxanthin.

I once described the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads as transformative, so you won’t be surprised to hear that they are still very much part of my regimen. I use the Ultra Gentle version ($88 in the shop) about three times per week to stimulate cell turnover.

As far as an eye cream is concerned, I’ve been bogged down in a trial of one from Luzern Laboratories and haven’t quite made up my mind about it. I even baled out of the test for a few days, reverting to my two go-tos, AQ Eye Serum ($99 in the shop) or Deciem NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate ($68 in the shop). Incidentally, I have gone back to the Luzern and it is beginning to grow on me (stay tuned for my review in a few weeks).

As I mentioned in a recent post, the onset of cooler, drier weather has an impact on my lips. I am trying to show them a little extra TLC with the reformulated Your Best Face Define ($70 in the shop), which I’m happy to report is now free of parabens. I also like Deciem NIOD Lip Bio-Lipid Concentrate ($60 in the shop). It plumps up puckered lips and, like Define, provides longer-term anti-aging.

My go-to body lotion is still Stemulation Relance ($98 in the shop), as it is genuinely anti-aging, but I have recently been alternating it with CBD For Life Pure CBD Body Massage Lotion ($22.99 in the shop), which uses cannabidiol to treat the skin.

Are you currently using a standout product from the Truth In Aging shop? Let me know by writing a review! Have you stumbled upon something you think I should try? Share it below! 

Take 20% off my picks with code MARTA20 through 10/24/2016 at 11:59pm PT or while supplies last. Then, let me know how they work for you!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/2eovs9k via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2edCMHK

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário