Diabetes has been recognised as the quickest growing chronic ailment in the world. Especially the number of people affected by type II diabetes has increased dramatically in the previous few decades. In a study conducted in 2013 it was revealed that 5.1 million people lose their lives to diabetes annually. In another recent study conducted by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) it was found that 1 in 11 adults suffer from the disease.
Other startling facts include:
– 1 in 2 (46.5 % approx.) adults globally have diabetes but remain undiagnosed.
– 12% of all money spent worldwide ($673 billion) is on treating diabetes and its related issues.
– 1 in 7 children that are born receive some genetic disposition towards the disease from their parents.
– 75 % of all diabetes related cases live in economically developing nations.
– The number of children affected by type 1 diabetes is conservatively estimated at 542,000.
– There is a death every six seconds due to diabetes.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a serious condition which can affect the entire body. Treatment includes daily self-medication which involves injecting insulin into one’s system. In more severe cases it can greatly affect the quality of one’s life and in some cases even prove to be lethal.
There is no cure for diabetes but using a combination of balanced diet, regular exercise and external medication one can still enjoy a fully functional and normal lifestyle. There are various forms of diabetes, but the 3 main types are Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes.
How does diabetes affect the body?
People who suffer from diabetes are not able to maintain healthy levels of glucose naturally. Glucose is a simple chemical form of sugar which is the primary energy source for our body, it can be easily digested by our system but unhealthy levels can lead to various health complications.
In people suffering from diabetes the body does not produce insulin or produces low insufficient amounts of insulin. This hormone helps convert the glucose into energy but since this conversion is hampered the glucose remains in the bloodstream causing a rise in the blood sugar levels of individuals.
Why is diabetes on the rise?
Diabetes mellitus (type 2 diabetes) is one of the prime consequences of the obesity epidemic. This is primarily due to changes in dietary patterns combined with a drastic reduction in physical activity levels. Genes also play a role in the transmission of the disease with populations from India, China, South East Asia being at higher risks than their western counterparts.
What is Dario Blood Glucose Management System?
Dario is a personalized, pocket sized, all-in-one glucometer which incorporates real time glucose detection capabilities as well as smartphone integration to manage diabetes efficiently and accurately.
The device lets users measure their blood glucose levels in a couple of seconds on their smartphones. Once the device has been integrated with an individual’s phone, he/she can track, monitor and manage their diabetes using a simple mobile application. The device can be used anytime and anywhere.
What parts does the Dario Glucose Management System contain?
Dario glucose monitoring system includes:
Each cartridge can hold up to 25 test strips. The strips are disposable and can easily be reloaded by simply replacing the cartridge.
The simple-to-use meter automatically tracks ones blood sugar levels using a device that is connected into the audio jack of one’s smartphone. The readings are automatically charted, tracked and analyzed by the device.
The system comes with a Lancing device which makes testing convenient. One needs to simply place their finger on the lancet end of the device, pull down the slider and push the release button to use.
What features does the Dario app offer?
The Dario smartphone application delivers accurate results and offers users with real time data and viable courses of action in case of any problems or emergencies. It can also be used to measure one’s carbohydrate intake, calories burned, tracking one’s blood sugar amongst other functions.
Other important features include:
– Automatic recording of diabetes history onto an online database.
– Easy sharing of important medical information with caregivers, family members, doctors.
– Real-time results which can put blood sugar levels into context with one’s daily activities can be viewed.
– Emergency alerts can be sent via text message which include the users GPS location.
What other features does Dario offer?
– Dario is compatible with all apple devices using iOS 6.1 or above.
– Blood glucose readings and other additional data is synced automatically every time the device is turned on.
– Personal Data and medical history is securely stored on a cloud server so that medical experts may be able to retrieve them in times of an emergency.
– Dario also comes with a complete online portal where one can view and share their results with others. It allows for up-to date tracking, recording, analysing of one’s data making it easier for family members, doctors to retrieves records.
What do people who have used Dario have to say about it?
Online reviews and ratings have been generally warm and positive. Using a weighted average of all customer reviews at www.amazon.com it received a rating of 4.5/5 stars.
Some users like Amy Z. who has lived with type 1 diabetes for the past 33 years claimed that the device changed her life completely due to the fact that she could now test herself anywhere, anytime.
Similarly, Belinda Billing said that testing her 9 year old son who suffers from type 1 diabetes has become very convenient.
Pricing and Availability
The easiest and most convenient way to purchase Dario is to place an order at https:/www./mydario.com/. The product is moderately priced at $29.99 and the testing strips can be purchased monthly or at a discounted rate upon subscription.
The product can be returned within 60 day of purchase if found unsatisfactory.
from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/2ehVo5F via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2ei8D5c